Friday, August 15, 2008

The DJ and the Dress (unrelated topics)

When last we spoke, I was talking about how important I thought the DJ decision was. And that I was a bit nervous about finding "the right one." Well as luck would have it, we got it on the first try!

To be completely honest, I'm not sure if luck had much to do with it. Mike and I looked at a lot of DJ videos and were very selective about who we met with. And it was a very successful process! May I introduce you to our DJ, Mr. Kevin Sawler.The minute we met Kevin, we were very impressed with his professionalism, his honesty and his directness. He spoke about how important it was for a DJ to manage the flow of the wedding, to take a very strong Master of Ceremony role. He spoke about how accommodating he is to the bride and groom's style and wishes and his commitment to his job. Mike and I were very pleased. Kevin hadn't even made it out of the door of Panera before we turned to each other and said, "Let's book him."

We're very excited. Kevin was very open with his opinions, but is happy to defer to us. That's absolutely critical, I think. We want someone who will share their expertise, especially on things we don't have strong feelings about. But we're confident that the things we DO have strong feelings about will be handled exactly to our liking.



In other news, I've narrowed my dress selections to three possible options. I'll be going with a smattering of my bridesmaids tomorrow to try them on in succession to make a decision. I've got online pictures of two of them, so if you'd like to see them let me know. I shan't be posting pictures of them here because, on occasion, my fiancee does visit this site.

Wish me luck!

No comments: