Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Venues, Venues, Venues

We've been looking at venues since about a week after we got engaged. The reason it took a week was because I was on vacation and away from the internet and my blackberry. Within two days of returning state-side, I had booked our first appointment. And I realized how late to the game we already were.

I understand that's horrifying to think thatt with a wedding date almost 15 months away, there is no way we could be considered behind in planning. But it's true! Of the 15 or so places I looked into, more than half were booked. So we started visiting.


And visiting...

Tomorrow marks our (hopefully) last visit. We're going to the Puritan here in Manchester. A true Manchester institution, the Puritan has been making the best mudslides and chicken fingers this side of, well, anywhere. I realize that's a ridiculous combination of food and drink, and not necessarily something we'll be serving at the wedding, but I'm excited to go visit and take a look.

We've liked most of the places we've visited. Some were better prepared for our arrival than others. Some were (much) more expensive than others. But after each visit, we had a better idea of what we were looking for in a venue and what we most certainly were not looking for.

Hopefully by the end of this week, we'll actually have a decision made about the reception site and wedding planning may calm down for a few weeks (I keep saying that but I just don't believe it...). In the mean time, I've already begun dress shopping... but that's a post for another day.

No comments: