Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our Negative One Year Anniversary

Ok, so I may get some flack for this being super cheesy but this is a wedding blog after all....

So today is our negative one year anniversary. And we're celebrating it. Well kinda. We're going to make a nice dinner and maybe not play video games and watch DVR and ignore each other all night. That kind of celebrating. Which, for us, is a pretty big deal.

I know it's kinda silly that we're celebrating a negative anniversary, especially when we still have a perfectly good one to celebrate - our dating anniversary, February 28, 1997. But I think this is a good chance for us to try the new anniversary on for size, see how we like it. It's going to be pretty hard to break the habit of calling our dating anniversary "our anniversary," since we've been using that for going on twelve years. But I think it'll be fun to have both. And if you think I'm giving up the other one, you're mistaken. :)

Beyond the cute, silly negative anniversary celebrating, can we stop for a minute and remind ourselves that we're getting married in a YEAR! Woooooooo Hoooooooooo. Like an actual, real year. 365 days from now. The little countdown widget I have on my homepage is at 365! I put it up there almost a year ago, when we first picked the theoretical date, way before we were ever engaged! It's so freaking exciting.

Do you think Hallmark makes negative anniversary cards?

No comments: